Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's too late baby
Now it's too late
To write a title with song lyrics
Had a tough day and I can say no way
So what rhymes?  Drumsticks

I should really bookmark that rhyming dictionary.

Anyways, as promised, I'll try to explain why I've been on sabbatical from the blagosphere for the past 30 hours or so.  Yesterday, I woke up to find that I had destroyed a contact lens for my left eye.  You can do that when you can't see well enough to make sure the lens made it into the contact case.  Apparently I have an incredible number of lenses for my right eye, which is unharmed, but none for my left eye.  So I've had to wear glasses, which I hate.

Later, I pulled my laundry out of the dryer.  I noticed something in my pocket, and crossing my fingers, reached in to see what it was.  I was hoping that it was something silly like a travel brochure or a forgotten blog post.  No such luck.  It was my passport.  I leave for Canada next Wednesday, and you'd be amazed what a washing machine does to a passport.  So I've been busy trying to make sure I get a new passport before that.  In the process, I locked myself out, and had to run to stay warm for almost two hours (I was hoping for a shorter run to the post office and back to try to recover from my cold).  So yeah, yesterday was a bad day.

As far as today went, things are looking up.  I should be able to get my new passport in time after jumping through a sufficient number of hoops.  And I had a pretty sweet ski today.  Started out with no kick, but then magically I received the gift of perfect kick while somehow having skis that outclassed many skate skis.  Too bad it was an easy day.  Until I felt how my body felt.  Anyways, life should be returning to as normal as things get when you're me, so unless those actually turn out to be famous last words...

No comments:

Post a Comment