Friday, December 10, 2010

Sometimes, I am a mere small player in life, I am here
And I can't help but want to be just so cavalier
Put the car in gear
I have felt this before
And I seem to have a vague memory: not ideal
And last time I tried to do every race
I had a very sick ordeal

So whatever Rossland brings, I'll be there
But I won't race in Silver Star, yeah

But whatever Rossland brings, I'll be there
I'll be there

Shakespeare once said, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."  That's kind of how I feel right now.  I feel ready to race, but alas, I'm here in Bozeman.  Leif told all of us that everything happens for a reason, and I'm sure hoping that's the case.  I'm sure hoping that this ends up making me race better later in the season.  Because I was really looking forward to that 15km freestyle.

But alas, we were called back to Bozeman after the accident.  Not what I was hoping for, but things have a way of turning out.  And given Leif's concussion and the fact that Dragan may have a broken rib or two, maybe that was a good thing in the end.  Maybe my experience racing with concussions is the exception, not the rule.

Long drive back, got in late.  Short run today.  Time trial tomorrow morning.  Leaving for Rossland on Wednesday (EDIT:  by Wednesday I mean Monday).  Hopefully we don't have another extended stop in St. Regis.  Everybody there was so nice, but I would really like to make it to Canada next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment