Monday, December 27, 2010

The pain is dolin'
I'm skatin'
And holin', two inches of new snow's not sturdy
All of that new snow's not sturdy
All of that new snow's not sturdy
All of that new snow's not sturdy
All of that new snow's not sturdy
We will be a crowd
Cold's stingin'
Hills slopin', in Rumford the snow will be dirty
In Rumford the snow'll be dirty

In Rumford the snow'll be dirty
In Rumford the snow'll be dirty
In Rumford the snow'll be dirty

Well, supposedly they got hit by a blizzard in Rumford, but in the east, the snow always finds a way to be dirty.  Besides, knowing the east, it could rain before we actually get to racing.

Intervals today.  There were about two inches of new snow, but it was kind of fast, and it wasn't that bad.  Apparently the snow cat broke, so they were grooming with snowmobiles, and the place I chose to do intervals was the last place to get groomed, so during my first interval I had to dodge grooming equipment.

But it was a good interval session.  I skied well, which is the important part.  Ran in the afternoon, which went well, then did strength.  Almost poked my eye out throwing a medicine ball, but other than that it was a good strength session.

Something is strange with the power.  Lights and outlets in half the house go out unexpectedly.  Yes, I checked the breaker box.  It claims everything's fine.  Well, if the breaker box knew that as soon as I got shampoo in my hair the shower turned off, it wouldn't think everything's fine.  I managed to get the shampoo out, but I think tomorrow is a good day to call an electrician, because the electrical gremlins seem to have moved in.  The whole lights working, then not working, then working again is just strange.  It's like somebody is playing an elaborate prank on us.  If that's the case, my first suspect is the person who put a boiled egg in my ski boot in Finland.

Yesterday's title was based on Surfin' Bird, by the Trashmen.  For those of you who don't know what this means, listen to the song while reading the title.  Believe it or not, I'm not just writing poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment