Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Every night I sleep, thin air, it's at 8000ft, boy
And this morning I skied at Skyway, it's at 10,000ft, boy
And wind today, yes it blew
After, we drove to my parents house and
Well the rain just came right down
It's hot at 8000ft.  What's the plan?
Go

Yeah, I'm sleeping at 8000ft above sea level.  And yeah, I'm skiing on windblown, cold snow at 10000ft.  Gotta love a little altitude camp before Nationals.

So I skied around up at Skyway today.  A few feet of snow fell in the past few days, and this was the first day the road was opened after some heavy avalanche blasting.  There's a reason there isn't a guardrail on the steep portion of the road up to Skyway.  After some good skiing, we came back to my folks' house, where it was raining.  Gotta love rain during ski season.

Beyond that, not much happening.  Registered for nationals in Rumford, and discovered that they buttons to share my registration on Twitter and Facebook.  Because after all, it's not like all of the people I know are expecting me to ski at US Nationals or anything.  But yeah, Rumford.  I'm excited.  Hopefully mother nature decides to cooperate a little more than she did in Alaska, when we dealt with volcanos and temperatures so cold that it was unsafe to ski race.  I feel fairly confident that we shouldn't have to deal with either of those.  Rain, though...

Yesterday's post was based on Ghost Riders in the Sky, by Johnny Cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment