Sunday, December 5, 2010

Moser Creek, reached the peak
I've skied up there it is true
Tree branches, took my chances
Dodged 'em as I was skiin' through

Scenic viewpoint
Below dewpoint
This will be misconstrued

Now I'm skiin' and I
Skied into a hitch
Now I've skied myself right into a hitch

Now I'm skiin' and I
Skied into a hitch
Now I've skied myself right into a hitch

Yes, that's right, I almost ran over several dogs on my long ski up Moser Creek today.  At one point, a little puppy was running between my skis as I tried to maneuver my way through a crowd of people while going down a hill.  Good practice for mass starts, I guess.  And by long I don't mean too long.  Just sorta long.  But about the right length for today.  Long enough to take up a goodly amount of my day.

I also wandered around the Christmas Stroll for a while last night.  Or perhaps it is more correct to say I strolled.  For those of you who aren't from Bozeman, the Christmas Stroll is one of the events that Bozeman periodically hosts in which people wander main street buying novelty food items from street vendors.  I tried to find something that didn't involve paying $2 for lefse when a bag of lefse costs...about $2, but I failed.  Perhaps people were just downtrodden about the MSU football team's loss yesterday.  So I helped out with the BSF booth, where they were just selling the last of their glogg.  Luckily, I wasn't cold, yet, so I didn't really feel bad about missing the glogg.

In other news, I leave for Canada on Wednesday and I still don't have my passport.  And believe it or not, this fact doesn't worry me in the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment