Monday, January 3, 2011

To run was the safest
Option I bemoan
No racing tomorrow
But it won't be too long
The next day we're out
To end this snow drought

That's right, tomorrow's race is postponed a day so that they have more time to make snow.  But a little bird told me that there will be a 2.5km loop for the distance racing.  Unless a bunch of delinquents smash pumpkins all over the course today, but there are some things you just can't plan for.

The organizers expressed their desire that people find somewhere else to ski tomorrow and declared that they would be concentrating on trying to get us race courses instead of having somewhere open to ski.  There wasn't anywhere too close open for business, so rather than sit in a car for an hour or more for a short ski, I decided to run.

I could definitely feel yesterday's warmup, and I think running was a good idea.  My warmup yesterday basically included a small interval session.  These were the first running intervals I've done in months, so this morning I definitely felt that in my legs, and I think some short, easy running really helped work things out.  I also got a tour of beautiful Wilton.

Beyond that, it's been a pretty relaxing day.  I did my best to get a lot of sleep, but alas, I keep waking up at 6am every morning.  What can I say, I'm a light sleeper.

Yesterday's title was based on Like a G6, by Far East Movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment