Thursday, January 13, 2011

I thought I'd be clever
Go on an endeavor
Now cold goes forever
No, this ain't bliss

White blood cell defyin'
There ain't no denyin'
Training don't help defence
No, this ain't bliss

Now I'm cryin', lie teller
Hackin', I'm gon' caugh a clar'net up
Hack it gone for decades
Won't see a doc

Gonna cough this grit with passion, ashen
Coughin' up this gray slop
And my airway well it isn't clear
But I'm gonna be just fine for air


No tears, cause while I feel like I'm diein'
I know I am tryin'
This year I feel like I am caught within death's throws
Exaggerate, ya know


But I, I, I pushed too hard
So yeah, yeah, yeah, I cough lard
'Cause I, I, I pushed too hard
Now yeah, yeah, yeah, I cough lard
'Cause I, I, I pushed too hard
Now yeah, yeah, yeah, I cough lard
Too hard, cough lard, too hard, cough lard


Well, yesterday I woke up feeling better.  Not all better, but better.  I ran to the gym, did strength, ran back, ate, rested, waxed skis, and went out skiing.  It was actually a really good time.  I got in good strength, I felt good, I skied well, had good stretching.  It was great.


I wasn't planning morning training this morning so I just slept in.  I woke up after 11 hours of sleeping and felt much worse than I did yesterday.  I pushed it too hard, and now I'm paying the price.


I guess I don't have much more to say.  Not much happens when you're trying to take it easy to recover from illness.  Although I will say it is amazing how many parts of my body an upper respiratory infection affects.  It's crazy, and I was expecting nothing of this sort.  Next time you're lucky enough to get a cold, thing through all the parts of your body that are feeling or acting strangely.  You'll be amazed if you pay attention and are in tuned with your body!


The last title was based on Someday Never Comes by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment