Monday, May 27, 2013

BolderBoulder

I ran the BolderBoulder today.  I planned to just tuck in from the gun, and did.  I got dropped by a few seconds a bit before the halfway point but rallied to keep the lead group close.  Then I was that guy who caught the people falling off the lead pack for the rest of the race.  I ended up with a top 5 finish, so being that guy isn't all bad.  A fairly large pack was bearing down on me near the finish, and I think I held them all off and didn't slip on whatever surface they put over the field at the finish line.  So all around, I can call it a successful day.  Now to eat pizza and drive home.

Next weekend I go to San Diego for the Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Half Marathon.  Hopefully I can put together a strong race there.  I feel like I should write more, but I think I've pretty much said it all.  A pretty uneventful day, other than the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment