Friday, September 9, 2011

Lot's of training, but now I cannot
And if I was a horse, well then I would be shot
Legs feel good I want to run on
But injury is foregone
Lost training's more than I can bear
Of snowplows I advise beware
Now my training's gone awry
Whine and whine, I just want to cry

Write to rhyme words with tunes
And now I'm left wond'ring why
And that snowplow, man it hurt
And now my knee hurts, nothing else
When I run now, pain is rife
Blunt force inj'ry underlies
Overuse does not apply
I whine and whine, I just want to cry

The other day I was doing a little snowplow maintenance.  I tried to walk over to check the manual and hit my knee on the plow.  It hurt.  It still hurts, four days later.  Hopefully it stops hurting soon, because it's starting to affect my training.  If a snowplow injury keeps me from reaching my goals, I will never forgive myself, or the snowplow.  Well, I'd probably forgive myself eventually, but the snowplow on the other hand...sometimes I hold onto grudges.  But the good thing is that it hurts much less today than it did yesterday.

Not much else worth writing or reading about.  The last post's title was based on Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams.  Hopefully that wasn't a self-fulfilling prophecy, given my snowplow related injury since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment